My friend, Bergan tagged me in her blog post and that means I’m it!
I’m always looking for ideas about what to post, so I don’t mind at all having a few questions to answer!
1. Post your favorite picture and explain why:
I don’t know if this is my favorite picture of all time, but I really like it. Some of my favorite people in the world on an extremely happy day!! It’s hard to choose a favorite picture, I’ve never tried to do that before!
2. Time to admit it, name your favorite reality TV show:
I actually really don’t like reality TV, but the only one I’ve ever seen more than one episode of is Biggest Loser. I think it’s awesome that people make those kind of life changes.
3. If you could go one place in the world, where would you go? Who would you take?
I’ve always wanted to go to Russia. I have no idea why, but I’m fascinated with the history and the intrigue that has formed the country we know today. I would take anyone who wanted to come and brave the winter with me. It would be fun to go with someone who spoke Russian though… 🙂
4. If you won the lottery, name the first three things you’d do with the money:
Right now, I’d buy a car. Then I’d set up some investments and take myself on a trip to Italy.
5. What is your main regret in life?
I don’t really have a main regret, but since I’ve really gotten into running recently I’ve regretted that I didn’t try harder to be fast in high school. I actually might have been good if I had tried.
6. Where has your favorite trip been to so far?
I’ve taken a lot of fun trips and they were all fun for different reasons. The first one that popped into my mind was when we went to Nauvoo as a family. We drove and actually all got along! I don’t remember fighting like normal, but maybe I’ve blocked that out.
7. How did you meet your spouse?
I’ll let you all know! When I meet him, I’m sure there will be a blog post or two about him… but don’t hold your breath!
8. Name something that irks you:
When people misuse Italian words. I know it’s silly and dumb because we are American, but now that I know how they should be said… it just hurts my ears to hear a beautiful word butchered. The most common examples: Bruschetta (should be pronounced bru-sketta, there is no “ch” sound in Italian.) Panini (it means sandwiches. So when you say, “I want to eat a panini” you are saying, “I want to eat a sandwiches.” No one speaks English like that. Say, “I want to eat a panino”) Bravo (most people use it correctly, it means good job. But, when saying it to a male it is “bravo”, when saying it to a girl you should say “brava” and to a group of people, “bravi”. This one has become commonplace in English as “bravo” for everything though, so it doesn’t bother me as much.)
9. What 6 (un)important things make you happy?
– I love the smell of leaves in the fall and fresh-cut grass in the summer.
– I love hearing that my friends and family are happy. It makes my heart smile.
– I love the first moment of lying down at night. Relaxing and stretching in between the sheets after a full day.
– I love reading a new book and finding that I can’t put it down.
– I love being with my brothers and family. I don’t get to see them very often, so I soak it in when I do.
– I love sitting by the Christmas tree at night with only the lights on the tree on. It’s peaceful, nostalgic, and a little bit romantic.
– I love running. LOVE it. (I know it’s 7, but I wanted to share them all.)
I’m not going to tag anyone in particular, but if you decide to do this post, leave me a comment so I know to look!